In addition to being the mandolinist of Antonio Nobrega and Spok Frevo, Marco César is the head of the string department of the Recife Conservatory. His unique method of training in popular music is known throughout Brazil and the greatest have passed through his hands, such as Hamilton de Holanda, Armandinho… We propose to study some of the rhythms most played by the groups of Pernambuco, such as choro, maxixe, forro, frevo, maracatu.
- Introduction to popular Brazilian music from the Nordeste and its rhythms (choro, baião, xote, frevo) through collective practice, body percussion and practice with various instruments.
- The transmission of the rhythms will be done first through group practice: oral and corporal polyrhythms, then on percussion instruments, before being “retranscribed” and worked on harmonic melodic instruments.
- Practice of solo and polyphonic singing, work on the repertoire
- Oral transmission of a representative repertoire of genres and rhythms.
TERMS OF PARTICIPATION
- To be able to participate on guitar or piano: to be able to link major, minor, seventh, augmented and diminished chords with ease.
- To be able to participate as a soloist: be autonomous on a whole melody.
- Reading chord charts or scores is not mandatory.
- Open to singers and acoustic instruments (except drums)